Location: Anchorage, Alaska
Job Title: Electrical Engineer
Taku Engineering is actively seeking an energetic and knowledgeable individual to fill a full-time Electrical Engineer position in our Anchorage, Alaska office. The successful candidate will lead the electrical engineering design for 480V to 34.5kV power systems.
Duties include the development of standard professional electrical engineering design deliverables including performing engineering calculations, engineered drawings and documents, equipment specification, construction support, functional checkout support, and system commissioning support. This is a mid level position that requires the ability to work semi independently with little supervision and a high level of accountability.
- Lead the electrical design for multi-discipline engineering projects.
- Plan, coordinate, and manage the phases of multi-discipline engineering projects.
- Perform typical electrical engineering studies including load calculations, power flow, protective device coordination, arc flash, etc.
- Perform cost and schedule estimating and fee proposal development.
- Develop and manage client relationships.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution.
- State of Alaska Professional Engineer (PE) preferred.
- 3-7 years of experience with increasing levels of responsibilities.
- Experience in the design of power generation and distribution for 480V and medium voltage systems.
- Proficiency in standard engineering design and office software (AutoCAD, EasyPower, etc.).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Arctic engineering design experience.
- Clean driving record and the ability to pass a drug test.
- Experience in the design of electrical systems for various industries.
Dependent on workload, the schedule is based on a standard 40-hour work week in our Anchorage office. The work will require periodic travel to remote field locations for short durations and periodic overtime.
We pride ourselves on being flexible, innovative, and having a relaxed atmosphere while providing the highest level of engineering services possible. We are looking for a highly motivated, self-sufficient, mid level engineer who is looking to work in a high energy, dynamic environment. We offer a very competitive wage, medical and dental benefits, 401k retirement plan with match, professional development plans, gym membership, and a profit-sharing program. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Wage is dependent on experience.