Welcome to Taku Engineering
Senior Electrical Engineer
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
Job Title: Senior Electrical Engineer
Taku Engineering is actively seeking an energetic and knowledgeable individual to fill a Senior Electrical Engineer position in our Anchorage, Alaska office. The successful candidate will lead the electrical engineering design of large scale 480V to 15kV power systems. Duties include the development of standard professional electrical engineering design deliverables, construction support, interacting with clients, and assisting with business development activities. This is a senior level position that requires the ability to work independently without supervision with a high level of accountability.
• Develop standard engineered deliverables including drawings, specifications, calculations, testing requirements, acceptance criteria, etc.
• Perform standard electrical engineering calculations including load calculations, circuit and conductor sizing, protective device coordination, arc flash calculations, etc.
• Develop standard electrical engineering deliverables including power generation, power distribution, grounding, panel schedules, circuit schedules, cable tray layouts, lighting plans, control narratives, control schematics, heat trace, etc.
• Develop equipment data sheets and bill of materials.
• Perform submittal reviews and approvals.
• Provide construction support and inspections.
• Develop project construction cost estimates.
• Proposal development including fee and schedule estimating.
• Lead and mentor junior team members.
• Assist with marketing and business development of Company services.
• Additional duties as assigned.
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution.
• State of Alaska Professional Engineer (PE).
• 7-10 years of experience with increasing levels of responsibilities.
• Experience in the design of power generation and distribution for 480V and 15kV systems.
• Proficiency in standard engineering design and office software (AutoCAD, EasyPower, etc.).
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
• Arctic engineering design experience.
• Clean driving record and able to pass a drug test.
• Power system experience at voltage levels greater than 15kV.
• Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering.
• Business development experience.
• Professional Project Management (PMP) certification.
Dependent on workload, the schedule is based on a standard 40-hour work week in our Anchorage office. The work will require periodic travel to remote field locations for short durations and periodic overtime.
We pride ourselves on being flexible, innovative, and relaxed, while providing the highest level of engineering services possible. We are looking for a highly motivated, self-sufficient, senior level engineer who is looking to work in a high energy, dynamic environment. We offer a very competitive wage and benefits package (dental, vision, life, and medical insurance with HSA), as well as a 401k retirement plan with match, professional development plans, gym membership, and a profit-sharing program. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Wage is dependent on experience.
Apply today and join us at Taku Engineering