Welcome to Taku Engineering
Engineering Technician (API Inspector)
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
Job Title: Engineering Technician
Taku Engineering is actively seeking an energetic and knowledgeable individual to fill an Engineering Technician position in our Anchorage, Alaska office. The successful candidate will have an API 653 – Above Ground Tank Inspection certification and/or an API 570 – Piping Inspection certification. The ideal candidate will have both API 653 and the API 570 certifications. Duties include the inspection, evaluation, and reporting of API regulated tanks and piping system throughout Alaska, interacting with clients, and assisting with business development activities. This is a mid-level position that requires the ability to work independently without supervision with a high level of accountability.
• Independently inspect, evaluate, and report on API regulated tanks and piping.
• Ability to review and analyze historic API inspection reports.
• Proposal development including fee and schedule estimating.
• Professionally interact with clients.
• Mentor junior team members.
• Assist with marketing and business development of Company services.
• Additional duties as assigned.
• High school graduate or equivalent.
• API 653 and/or API 570 certification.
• 3-5 years of experience with increasing levels of responsibilities.
• Proficiency with standard office software.
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
• Clean driving record and able to pass a drug test.
• API 653 and API 570 certifications.
• 7-10 years of experience with increasing levels of responsibilities.
• STI SP001 tank inspection certification.
• NACE CP2 or higher certification.
• NDE experience.
• Business development experience.
• Degree from an accredited institution.
Dependent on workload, the schedule is based on a standard 40-hour work week in our Anchorage office. The work will require periodic travel to remote field locations and periodic overtime.
We pride ourselves on being flexible, innovative, and relaxed, while providing the highest level of engineering services possible. We are looking for a highly motivated, self-sufficient, API inspector who is looking to work in a high energy, dynamic environment. We offer a very competitive wage and benefits package (dental, vision, life, and medical insurance with HSA), as well as a 401k retirement plan with match, professional development plans, gym membership, and a profit-sharing program. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Wage is dependent on experience.
Apply today and join us at Taku Engineering